Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Clash of the Titans : Public Vs Private

After much observations, I realised that blogs with personal comments have more hits and are much more engaging than blogs like this one. I can put myself in readers shoes and i totally hace the same inclination to read personal blogs rather than argumental blogs like this. However, i just don’t feel secure and comfortable about blogging about personal stuff. I had the experience of that and I am still blogging about personal stuff, but on a private blog, tucked away in the depths of privacy settings. And what I mean about personal blogs are more towards those that touch on close-to-the-heart feelings and emotional rantings.

I had the experience of being stalked by someone through the blog – my aunt. I was quite grateful that it was my aunt and not someone that i totally do not know. What she did was to read my blog almost everyday and report my postings to my dad through email! How hilarious is that?! Of course i don’t post entries every single day. As a response to that, she’ll email my dad or msg me asking me why I did not update my blog yet. Isn’t that extremely ridiculous?

To me a personal blog is an entirely different world away from reality where we can find solace in, a bottom-less bucket to pour our unwanted emotions into and lock it away out of sight. Its also a place where you’ll go after many years to laugh at the silly crap that you once worried about and emo-ed about. I poured sad feelings, anger and disappointment about two times a month on average. My personal blog didn’t have happy thoughts or images. It was dark and gloomy. The other side of me (i hope). Yet my aunt had the impression that I was depressed all the time and wrote to my dad, citing that I was what? SUCIDAL. Which part of me looks like it? LOL.

That’s the outcome of having a personal blog made available to the whole online community. Now I keep it PRIVATE.

No comments:

Post a Comment